Getting away from the big city for the weekend, we have sought refuge and found it! Mindo Cloud forest is but two hours by bus from Quito, but seems worlds away... we lucked upon a sublime place called Casa Divina, a lovely spot tucked into the hillside. Owned by a family, half american and half local, with two girls ages seven and five, we have been taken into their homey atmosphere and fed like royalty. The cabins were built by the husband, beautifully done, and we are surrounded by birds, and lush forest. We have been inhaling the fresh air, not missing the sounds of the city a bit, and thriving on the chance to read and play chess and backgammon. We went ziplining yesterday, hiked to five waterfalls this morning, crossed a ravine in a tiny rusty cable car hundreds of feet above the river, and this afternoon went on a tour of a chocolate making business. It will be so hard to leave tomorrow. Personally I have felt this place to be one of the most special spots I have ever been, some kind of great energy here, and I know it will be a place that will change so very much in the years to come. It is just being discovered, and has great potential.
Once I am back in Quito, will post some photos... Erin
Once I am back in Quito, will post some photos... Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment